Community‘s creator Dan Harmon has accepted Sony’s offer to come back and run the show again for its fifth season. Here’s his twitter confession.
— Dan Harmon (@danharmon) June 1, 2013
The credit to Joel McHale would seem to back up months of stories and gossip about the cast being less than impressed with season 4’s scripts, and how several were deeply displeased with Sony’s decision to can Harmon. Anyway – thanks Joel!
It’s been a couple of weeks since NBC officially recommissioned the series for a fifth run of thirteen episodes. There was some talk of this being designed as a final run, but I don’t believe any such decision will really have been locked-in, and whatever had been decided, the return of Harmon could well smash it up, anyway.
There’s no word on when NBC will put season 5 to air, but it’s not going to be at the start of the next season, and it could be as late as with season 4. Comedy Central will start showing earlier episodes in syndication from the autumn, though, so maybe that will give the new episodes a bit of a run-in, a leg-up.
Now, I have a hunch that Harmon will leave the events of season 4 intact and not try to sweep them aside as something from the Dreamatorium. Or he may yet find another way to rewire the continuity, I just don’t think he’ll go for the obvious play.
Whatever he does, though, I don’t think it will bring back Chevy Chase as Pierce Hawthorne. That thread has been well and truly knotted off.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014