Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool
If you take a look at the video below, you will see a Chinese reporter being told that Transformers 4 will not just be set in China, but the film will actually spare some meaningful time and space for the country. Is this the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
So the Chinese cut of Iron Man 3 received a lot of criticism for being hardly Chinese at all, but Mr Marc Ganis, President of Jiaflix Enterprises promises that:
Transformers 4 is not taking that approach. There will be a single version that will be seen worldwide, that will have a very significant Chinese component.
Not only this, he continues by explaining how China will actually be a character in the film. I don’t know about you, but that’s something I can’t wait to see. I wonder if it will get many costume changes?
It seems as though the inclusion of the Chinese actress Li Bingbing is being touted as enough hard evidence to prove China’s important role in Transformers 4. Maybe a flick through the script would suggest something different…
Ganis says he’s very much against using China as an ATM, and so he should be. He says that Hollywood needs to:
Tell more stories that are culturally connected to the Chinese people and the Chinese culture.
So clearly, we should be expecting a Transformers 4 that will be filled with dragons, Feng Shui and lanterns. Right, Hollywood?
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015