Ridley Scott is persisting in developing his Blade Runner follow up with Alcon Entertainment. There’s still a ways to go, mind, as the production is yet to lock in a screenwriter.
According to The Wrap, though, Scott and co. have set their bead on Green Lantern co-writer Michael Green.
All that green but it still only feels like an amber light to me. Proceed with caution.
The same sources who fingered Green are saying that the new story will be set “some years” after the original. Shame, perhaps, that we aren’t getting a prequel because that might have made for an unrealistically futuristic “now.”
I wonder if we’ll actually see the new Blade Runner before the first one becomes an historical period piece?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014