There was this thing a couple days ago wondering about Superman shaving (I seem to recall several several scenes involving mirrors and heat vision, but never mind that now). But yesterday, one extremely sharp-eyed BC reader discovered a far more interesting mystery — the reappearance of Superman’s 90s mullet.
Most-Read Comic Stories Thursday:
Okay, so it’s been out and about. Discussed at length. So here, for your voyeuristic disgust, is the final page of Justice League Of America #4, following on from yesterday’s lead up.
This was the original Dan Jurgens’ variant for Superman Unchained #1, a classic Superman figure defeating Doomsday. But, for continuity purists, there was one thing missing. Superman’s mullet… that’s right, the nineties Superman gave his enemies something handy to grab onto mid-battle. Hey, maybe he wouldn’t have died in that fight if he’s had a proper haircut.
James Robinson recently announced he was leaving Earth 2 at DC Comics, despite there being plans to expand Earth 2 into a second book.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Thursday:
Rich may well have more to say about Warner Bros. plans to mark the 75th anniversary of Superman across all manner of media, but I’m very interested in one part of the studio’s plans in particular.
Two members of the cast of The Wolverine made their names outside of acting. Both Tao Okamoto, who plays Mariko, and Rila Fukushima, who plays Yukio, have a history in modelling.
Glenn Close has been cast in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy as the head of the Nova Corps.
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017