There was this thing a couple days ago wondering about Superman shaving (I seem to recall several several scenes involving mirrors and heat vision, but never mind that now). But yesterday, one extremely sharp-eyed BC reader discovered a far more interesting mystery — the reappearance of Superman’s 90s mullet.
Most-Read Comic Stories Thursday:
Okay, so it’s been out and about. Discussed at length. So here, for your voyeuristic disgust, is the final page of Justice League Of America #4, following on from yesterday’s lead up.
This was the original Dan Jurgens’ variant for Superman Unchained #1, a classic Superman figure defeating Doomsday. But, for continuity purists, there was one thing missing. Superman’s mullet… that’s right, the nineties Superman gave his enemies something handy to grab onto mid-battle. Hey, maybe he wouldn’t have died in that fight if he’s had a proper haircut.
James Robinson recently announced he was leaving Earth 2 at DC Comics, despite there being plans to expand Earth 2 into a second book.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Thursday:
Rich may well have more to say about Warner Bros. plans to mark the 75th anniversary of Superman across all manner of media, but I’m very interested in one part of the studio’s plans in particular.
Two members of the cast of The Wolverine made their names outside of acting. Both Tao Okamoto, who plays Mariko, and Rila Fukushima, who plays Yukio, have a history in modelling.
Glenn Close has been cast in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy as the head of the Nova Corps.
- Comic Book Auction Liveblog: Comic Connect Session 3 – It Begins with Action Comics - December 12, 2018
- Planet Comics Mile High Run - December 10, 2018
- The Silent Night Dies Hard: Hans Gruber and Franz Gruber - December 3, 2018
- Boris Karloff’s Guide to Holiday Shopping - December 3, 2018
- Turkey Vigilantes, Dead Rabbits, and the Greatest Thanksgiving Story of All Time - November 22, 2018