Well, we often go down to London’s South Bank. There’s always something going on. The Doctor turning up in his TARDIS, that sort of thing. Well, now we’re going to have a new reason.
It’s the 75th anniversary of the Beano, the longest continually running comic book there is (now that Action Comics restarted) and in celebration, the Beano will be taking over the Festival of Neighbourhood at the Southbank Centre..
An area near Queen Elizabeth Hall is being transformed into Beanotown, with a museum, comic drawing sessions and a stage to act out pranks on friends and family in The Ultimate Prank Academy.
Archival aspects of The Beano will be on display, some for the first time, there will be a Beanotown Library of Laughs, get photographed dressed as your favourite character, in the Beanotown photo booth. There will be free Creative Masterclasses, where you can learn how to draw, create your own comic, DJ a radio show or quiz The Beano Editor.
The Beano Social Club is hosting fun and games including ‘Table Dennis’ with ‘The Beano Breville Bar’ serving themed foods and drinks, such as personalised Beano toastie or gnash surprise pick n’ mix sweets.
The festival runs from Friday 31st May until Sunday 8th September, open from 11am until 7pm through the school summer holidays, and is free.
So, that’s all our days sorted out as a family then!
- Sherlock Holmes And John Watson – A Boy, His Bear And Endless Adventures - January 16, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool Dad & Kid Reviews: LadyCastle #1, Bad Machinery: The Case of the Unknown Visitor - January 15, 2017
- Yes, That Was Paul Weller In Tonight’s Series Finale Of Sherlock (No Spoilers) - January 15, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 15th January 2017 – Concern About The Comic Book National Debt - January 15, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th January 2016 – “DC Continues To Sell Circles Around Marvel” - January 15, 2017