There’s an awful lot of visual effects in this trailer for Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. Something like a half of the shots feature extremely conspicuous CG, and I dare say most of the others are harbouring more subtle work.
You can see that in HD at Apple.
The Guardian asked me to write a piece about CG and stop motion recently, after Ray Harryhausen passed away. This trailer brought it back to mind. I would like to say, though, that while I was writing about how stop motion has the edge on CG, I could also have written a piece about what CG can do that stop motion can’t… perhaps another time.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014