While a shortlist of other directors was being considered – including Christopher Nolan and Ang Lee, who I called from minute one – the producers of the James Bond franchise are going to wait for Sam Mendes to become free before they press on with their next instalment.
This could be some time as Mendes has commitments to theatre which will see him through something like the next twelve months.
According to Deadline, at their most blunt:
Mendes will be the director of the next Bond. A Mendes return should tickle the 007 crowd.
We understand that the basic premise of the next film was developed by Mendes, which might be just another little reason that Eon Productions are happy to wait for him. Quite what that idea is, however, is anybody’s guess, for now.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014