It seems like The Wrap got this news first, but WB are hardly keeping it under wraps and you’ll see it echoed everywhere.
Cavill is negotiating his terms now, and if he agrees, he’ll be starring opposite Armie Hammer – the man who almost played Batman in the almost Justice League movie of almost five years ago.
Guy Ritchie is directing The Man from UNCLE. The studio really wants it to be a hit and a franchise starter.
We could end up seeing a scheduling fan dance over the next few years as Guy Ritchie and Robert Downey Jr. slot in around Marvel for another Sherlock Holmes and Cavill and Ritchie try to get more UNCLE in the bag around Superman engagements. Anything would be easier than trying to work with Tom Cruise’s ever growing list of serials, though.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014