Most-Read Comic Stories Monday:
“Forever Evil” indeed. I understand, after some sleuthing at the Phoenix Comic con, that may well be the name of the DC Villains Month that Bleeding Cool first broke last year, in September.
Another spectacular photobomb there from John Layman, on the adult film actress Siri, who cosplayed as Power Girl at Phoenix Comic Con.
Which was, handily, next to Chew writer John Layman‘s booth. Giving him the opportunity to… photo bomb.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Monday:
This weekend’s filming for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 confirmed, pretty much, that The Rhino will be getting suited and booted in the picture. You’ll also see that the filmmakers are using motion capture to create his look.
It’s a first. We’ve had Palme D’Or winners based on books, on plays, myths and original screenplays, but we’ve never had one based on a comic book before. When something has only happened once it’s a rarity, perhaps a curio, maybe even a ghetto-of-one, but at the same time, there has to be a first time for everything, as my Mum used to say.
As pre-production work on Guardians of the Galaxy draws Marvel’s ambitious sci-fi epic ever closer to shooting, some specifics of the plot are finally starting to leak out. It seems, from these scraps, that certain details have been changed from the original comic books, and there’s a whole patchwork of interrelated ideas and characters drawn together into something rather new. You may consider some of what follows to be rather spoilery.
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018
- Why Do Russian Trolls Hate The Alienist? - April 4, 2018
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate? - April 2, 2018
- Stan Lee v The Bloodsuckers - April 2, 2018
- Suspense Comics #3 and the Iconography of Fictional Hate - March 23, 2018