I understand that principal photography on the fourth Transformers film will start this Thursday. Everything is getting set up right now, however, with the Autobots rolling out to Momument Valley.
Paramount have issued these two images of new characters from the film. Their faces – not to mention arms, weapons and, I guess, robobutts – are all safely tucked away, keeping them in relatively discreet “car mode.”
Basically, here are two pictures of two cars.
According to Yahoo this is:
1,200-horsepower Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse worth more than a whopping $2.4 million!
So, that one’s only going to get smashed up through the magic of CG, I expect – and indeed hope.
And this is:
a special race-inspired C7 Corvette Stingray, based on Chevrolet’s upcoming 2014 production car.
Marketing synergy on wheels.
Shame nobody has any upcoming dinosaurs they’d want to ‘product place,’ eh?
Incidentally, The Wrap are reporting that TJ Miller has been cast in the film as a blue-collar mechanic and friend to Mark Wahlberg’s character. I expect he’ll have a comic relief role to play, so it’s at least good he’s a stand up comedia.
UPDATE: JoBlo, who seem to be having a bit of luck with the Transformers of late, are identifying the above as Drift and Slingshot respectively. It remains to be seen how much these characters will have in common with their first-gen counterparts.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014