Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge Guillermo Del Toro fan, and as long as Pacific Rim doesn’t go down the Transformers route with some great combat scenes, but little else, then I’m in.
The story is another apocalyptic one and sees the human race fighting for survival against huge monsters that emerge from the ocean. In order to put up the strongest fight, it is decided that a new type of weaponry – a monster of our own – should be created.
These two TV spots are visually spectacular and and choosing to focus on the film’s more explosive sequences ensures Pacific Rim will attract the action-loving film audiences. They aren’t too different, however the first one has my favourite line, once again. “We are cancelling the apocalypse!”
Pacific Rim shouldn’t face too much competition when it’s released on July 12th in audience-splitting 3D, as it falls smack-bang between Brad Pitt’s zombie-apocalypse World War Z and Hugh Jackman’s return as The Wolverine.
Arguably, Del Toro hasn’t really marvelled us since Pan’s Labyrinth back in 2006, so let’s hope Pacific Rim will see him return to prominence.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015