At the IDW panel at MCM London Expo, it was announced by editor Dirk Wood that Tony Lee will indeed be returning to the Doctor Who comic in September as we surmised, replacing Andy Diggle for a four part story called ‘Dead Man’s Hand’ that runs from issue #13, through the 50th anniversary period.
According to Tony Lee it involves the Doctor and Clara visiting Deadwood in 1882, and has guest stars Oscar Wilde, Calamity Jane and Thomas Edison in an adventure that pits them against undead masked wearing gunfighters, including Wild Bill Hickok, zombies that can kill with a pointed finger, and (of course) an alien invasion.
Art duties will be filled by Mike Collins, best known for his work on the Doctor Who Magazine strips.
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver’s Response to VP Mike Spence - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018