At the IDW panel at MCM London Expo, it was announced by editor Dirk Wood that Tony Lee will indeed be returning to the Doctor Who comic in September as we surmised, replacing Andy Diggle for a four part story called ‘Dead Man’s Hand’ that runs from issue #13, through the 50th anniversary period.
According to Tony Lee it involves the Doctor and Clara visiting Deadwood in 1882, and has guest stars Oscar Wilde, Calamity Jane and Thomas Edison in an adventure that pits them against undead masked wearing gunfighters, including Wild Bill Hickok, zombies that can kill with a pointed finger, and (of course) an alien invasion.
Art duties will be filled by Mike Collins, best known for his work on the Doctor Who Magazine strips.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017