At the IDW panel at MCM London Expo, it was announced by editor Dirk Wood that Tony Lee will indeed be returning to the Doctor Who comic in September as we surmised, replacing Andy Diggle for a four part story called ‘Dead Man’s Hand’ that runs from issue #13, through the 50th anniversary period.
According to Tony Lee it involves the Doctor and Clara visiting Deadwood in 1882, and has guest stars Oscar Wilde, Calamity Jane and Thomas Edison in an adventure that pits them against undead masked wearing gunfighters, including Wild Bill Hickok, zombies that can kill with a pointed finger, and (of course) an alien invasion.
Art duties will be filled by Mike Collins, best known for his work on the Doctor Who Magazine strips.
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018
- Stan Lee Coming To St Louis, Cleveland… and the Philippines - January 18, 2018