Jason Carter from Babylon 5 here, posing with some prosciutto, next to the olive dip. Now, I have done a lot of comic cons but Jason has done even more. And he, like I, were in praise of the hospitality of the Phoenix Comic Con towards its guests, outstripping by far other shows.
When I arrived at the airport on Wednesday with writers Kieron Gillen and Si Spurrier, three greeters were waiting for us, and we were whisked away from the heat in air conditioned cabs to the hotel, taken through check in and given packages of drinks tickets, guides to the show and to the guest experience. The boys even got stipends to get them through any incidental costs during their signings. And waiting for us in our room, cupcakes and Frappuccinos.
There were also details of the green room in the Hyatt Regency which lays on sumptuous gourmet breakfasts and snacks, elaborate cakes and drinks through the day, as well as an area for young children and big kids to sit, relax, play and chat. The people there are kind, attentive and overgenerous and this morning when I arrived late for breakfast, did all they could to whisk me up eggs and a fresh smoothie.
I’ve been a guest at many shows, but nothing comes close to the pampering of Phoenix Comic Con. It isn’t the most central location, it doesn’t have the prestige of San Diego Comic Con, but it more than makes up for it as an experience. If you are asked to be a guest at this show, for whatever reason, I suggest you treat yourself and say yes.
And the happier the guests, the better performances they’ll give to the crowds there to see them!
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017