At the Diamond Retailer Meeting in London today, held alongside the MCM Expo, IDW announced that, as well as the Judge Dredd series, they are going to start to run Sinister Dexter comics next year, reprinting the classic 2000AD comic strip in US comic book format.
Initially modelled on Pulp Fiction, Sinister Dexter is a science-fiction gangster comic starring two hit men of “gun sharks” following the minutia of their lives, written by Dan Abnett and drawn by Andy Clarke.
The publisher also talked about recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sales rising 20%, that they are lining up more all ages books to follow the likes of My Little Pony, and talked about Mars Attacks Judge Dredd, Kevin Eastman’s Zombie War and The Other Dead comics and emphasised, especially to the British audience, how well Judge Dredd was doing for them.
Also at the show, Panini representatives were asked if a deal similar as to that with Titan and Star Wars could be struck allowing comic stores to stock IDW’s Doctor Who titles without having to resort to the grey market. Since IDW were at the show, the Panini representative promised to have a word.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018