TV is proving to be rather good to fans of the undead right now. There’s The Walking Dead, of course, but there are also some less conventional, more surprising alternatives. A golden age of festering, shuffling meat.
Consider the BBC’s In The Flesh. It’s this year’s best genre offering by the Beeb – at least to date, and in the UK – this show easily leapfrogged Doctor Who in terms of intrigue, appeal and value of meaning. I was very pleased, then, to learn that the BBC have recommissioned the show for a second run.
If you’re playing catch up, the first three-part season of In The Flesh will kick off on BBC America on June 6th. Fully recommended.
Meanwhile, Channel 4 are gearing up to start screening the French show The Returned. This is a do-over of a film, 2004’s Les Revenants. I liked the original and love this trailer for the new, TV version.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014