From a presentation by Diamond Comic Distributors UK at the retailer summit at London MCM today, they dropped some heavy numbers on the retailers present.
2012’s sales were 10% up on 2011, to 8 million units imported into the UK. And 2013 is already a half a million up on this time last year. And graphic novel sales are 45% up this year as well.
And Diamond UK are Manchester Airport’s biggest customer, in terms of all the comics and books they import. And their warehouse is 0.6 miles long…
They’ve also managed, even when importing internationally, to reduce shortages to 0.02%
and damages to 0.09%.
They are cracking down on what they call “bedroom sellers”, individuals who order comics directly from Diamond without actually being a shop, and making accounts prove they are proper stores.The Diamond Comic Distributors retailers website will be upgrading to match the USA version in terms of style, and US employees came over last week to agree to the changes.
- Who Let Tony Lee Help Run The London Film And Comic Con This Weekend? - July 26, 2017
- Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant’s Bloodshot Movie - July 26, 2017
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017