From a presentation by Diamond Comic Distributors UK at the retailer summit at London MCM today, they dropped some heavy numbers on the retailers present.
2012’s sales were 10% up on 2011, to 8 million units imported into the UK. And 2013 is already a half a million up on this time last year. And graphic novel sales are 45% up this year as well.
And Diamond UK are Manchester Airport’s biggest customer, in terms of all the comics and books they import. And their warehouse is 0.6 miles long…
They’ve also managed, even when importing internationally, to reduce shortages to 0.02%
and damages to 0.09%.
They are cracking down on what they call “bedroom sellers”, individuals who order comics directly from Diamond without actually being a shop, and making accounts prove they are proper stores.The Diamond Comic Distributors retailers website will be upgrading to match the USA version in terms of style, and US employees came over last week to agree to the changes.
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018