From a presentation by Diamond Comic Distributors UK at the retailer summit at London MCM today, they dropped some heavy numbers on the retailers present.
2012’s sales were 10% up on 2011, to 8 million units imported into the UK. And 2013 is already a half a million up on this time last year. And graphic novel sales are 45% up this year as well.
And Diamond UK are Manchester Airport’s biggest customer, in terms of all the comics and books they import. And their warehouse is 0.6 miles long…
They’ve also managed, even when importing internationally, to reduce shortages to 0.02%
and damages to 0.09%.
They are cracking down on what they call “bedroom sellers”, individuals who order comics directly from Diamond without actually being a shop, and making accounts prove they are proper stores.The Diamond Comic Distributors retailers website will be upgrading to match the USA version in terms of style, and US employees came over last week to agree to the changes.
- Caliber Comics Launch Five More Graphic Novels In July 2017 – From HP Lovecraft To Velda, Girl Detective - April 25, 2017
- Here’s A Better Look At The Mighty Mouse Artwork Shown At Diamond Summit - April 25, 2017
- A “Four Doctors” Crossover Begins In Titan Comics’ Doctor Who Series On September, And More - April 25, 2017
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017