From a presentation by Diamond Comic Distributors UK at the retailer summit at London MCM today, they dropped some heavy numbers on the retailers present.
2012’s sales were 10% up on 2011, to 8 million units imported into the UK. And 2013 is already a half a million up on this time last year. And graphic novel sales are 45% up this year as well.
And Diamond UK are Manchester Airport’s biggest customer, in terms of all the comics and books they import. And their warehouse is 0.6 miles long…
They’ve also managed, even when importing internationally, to reduce shortages to 0.02%
and damages to 0.09%.
They are cracking down on what they call “bedroom sellers”, individuals who order comics directly from Diamond without actually being a shop, and making accounts prove they are proper stores.The Diamond Comic Distributors retailers website will be upgrading to match the USA version in terms of style, and US employees came over last week to agree to the changes.
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018