Originally a Dark Horse comic and hen adapted into a couple of feature films by the publisher’s very own Mike Richardson, Timecop also became a short lived TV series on ABC some 15 years ago or so.
Its story really is the sort of sticky concept that could be endlessly recycled I think, with no small thanks to that deceptively crass title. Really, Timecop says so much. It promises something specific but still quite open ended – a cop of time. What kind of adventures would they get embroiled in?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Timecop‘s next iteration is coming. Universal are said to be considering it as a reboot – of course – and apparently, Jean Claude Van Damme won’t be involved.
Well, not yet anyway. Surely he’s just the sort of stunt cameo these films tend to go for? And I mean stunt quite literally.
Here’s my favourite scene from the original. Ironically, it’s not very Timey or Coppy, but it certainly stuck in the mind by it’s own means.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=268EIU_fUiY
Right, next step: reboot The Mask. Step after that: cross it over with Timecop, get the Dark Horse Cinematic Universe going. Maybe.
Okay, maybe not. Still, reboot The Mask anyway.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014