Jorge Lucas may be doing his best Kirby Batman over at Batman Inc this week. But Young Avengers has a go as well. Not only do they do a great job of making sub text into text, then commenting on it, having teenagers feeling they are unable to go back home to their folks after being on a big adventure together, and then splitting a double page spread into panels formed by an exploding pentagram circle… but you also get jet engines powered by the imagination and named after The King. Haven’t seen those since the days of Grant Morrison and Marvel Boy. Good to see they are still around in Marvel NOW.
It’s really nice. A very sweet moment. Especially with what happens next.
Hold your hands if you believe in fairies. Or Jack Kirby. It’s the same thing.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Photos: Doctor Who Cosplay Show Hits A Few Bumps In The Time Vortex - July 23, 2017
- When R2 And C-3PO Met Big Bird: How Lucasfilm Marketed Star Wars In The ’70s And ’80s - July 23, 2017
- An Afternoon With The Crew Of Star Trek: Discovery - July 23, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters -23rd July 2017 – Show Me Some Sugar - July 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller Lists – 23rd July 2017 – An Interlude Of Jokes And Riddles - July 23, 2017