Jorge Lucas may be doing his best Kirby Batman over at Batman Inc this week. But Young Avengers has a go as well. Not only do they do a great job of making sub text into text, then commenting on it, having teenagers feeling they are unable to go back home to their folks after being on a big adventure together, and then splitting a double page spread into panels formed by an exploding pentagram circle… but you also get jet engines powered by the imagination and named after The King. Haven’t seen those since the days of Grant Morrison and Marvel Boy. Good to see they are still around in Marvel NOW.
It’s really nice. A very sweet moment. Especially with what happens next.
Hold your hands if you believe in fairies. Or Jack Kirby. It’s the same thing.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017
- A Sneak Peek At The Best Selling Comic Of 2017 – Could It Be Obelix The Gaul? - January 20, 2017