Jorge Lucas may be doing his best Kirby Batman over at Batman Inc this week. But Young Avengers has a go as well. Not only do they do a great job of making sub text into text, then commenting on it, having teenagers feeling they are unable to go back home to their folks after being on a big adventure together, and then splitting a double page spread into panels formed by an exploding pentagram circle… but you also get jet engines powered by the imagination and named after The King. Haven’t seen those since the days of Grant Morrison and Marvel Boy. Good to see they are still around in Marvel NOW.
It’s really nice. A very sweet moment. Especially with what happens next.
Hold your hands if you believe in fairies. Or Jack Kirby. It’s the same thing.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018