And now Bleeding Cool’s owners Avatar Press are to announce at Phoenix Comic Con the news of a big new book from Jonathan Hickman and Di Amorim, with the entertainingly provocative title, God Is Dead.
Six issues, starting in September, covers by Hickman, variant covers by Jacen Burrows.
God Is Dead tells the story of gods returning to modern day Earth and dealing with what’s been happening in their absence. And dividing the place into their respective dominions. And naturally man fights back…
This is the second debut series to launch from Avatar this year by a writer more familiar for higher profile work, after Kieron Gillen and Canaan White‘s Uber. And you saw what happened with that. Speculators, start your engines, you know there’s no chance retailers will order enough of these – or that Avatar will print enough either.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017