Okay, there’s the one with Superman, Wonder Woman and the Invisible Man. But Batman doesn’t get a look in on that one.
Anyway, Chris Burnham seems to have been pushing it with glee this week. The new Batman Inc #11 written by Burnham is a Batmanless look at the Batman of Japan, his associates and his villains. It is completely ridiculous, in a quite wonderful fashion and will in all likelihood blow away people’s expectations from a copy of Batman Inc.
Including a rather familiar bunch of female Power Rangers-via-Akira with a side turn in abuse. “Flang” is pretty clear, as are the schoolyard insults that fly. Breast size, promiscuity, penis size and then… well, it appears comparing one’s vagina to the Doctor’s time machine of choice, due to its dimensionally transcendent properties.
Reminds me a little of how Neil Gaiman got “felching” past the DC censors, as a euphemism for “fucking”. Unless of course, everyone was in on it together…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant’s Bloodshot Movie - July 26, 2017
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017