Okay, there’s the one with Superman, Wonder Woman and the Invisible Man. But Batman doesn’t get a look in on that one.
Anyway, Chris Burnham seems to have been pushing it with glee this week. The new Batman Inc #11 written by Burnham is a Batmanless look at the Batman of Japan, his associates and his villains. It is completely ridiculous, in a quite wonderful fashion and will in all likelihood blow away people’s expectations from a copy of Batman Inc.
Including a rather familiar bunch of female Power Rangers-via-Akira with a side turn in abuse. “Flang” is pretty clear, as are the schoolyard insults that fly. Breast size, promiscuity, penis size and then… well, it appears comparing one’s vagina to the Doctor’s time machine of choice, due to its dimensionally transcendent properties.
Reminds me a little of how Neil Gaiman got “felching” past the DC censors, as a euphemism for “fucking”. Unless of course, everyone was in on it together…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018