Okay, there’s the one with Superman, Wonder Woman and the Invisible Man. But Batman doesn’t get a look in on that one.
Anyway, Chris Burnham seems to have been pushing it with glee this week. The new Batman Inc #11 written by Burnham is a Batmanless look at the Batman of Japan, his associates and his villains. It is completely ridiculous, in a quite wonderful fashion and will in all likelihood blow away people’s expectations from a copy of Batman Inc.
Including a rather familiar bunch of female Power Rangers-via-Akira with a side turn in abuse. “Flang” is pretty clear, as are the schoolyard insults that fly. Breast size, promiscuity, penis size and then… well, it appears comparing one’s vagina to the Doctor’s time machine of choice, due to its dimensionally transcendent properties.
Reminds me a little of how Neil Gaiman got “felching” past the DC censors, as a euphemism for “fucking”. Unless of course, everyone was in on it together…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017