Okay, there’s the one with Superman, Wonder Woman and the Invisible Man. But Batman doesn’t get a look in on that one.
Anyway, Chris Burnham seems to have been pushing it with glee this week. The new Batman Inc #11 written by Burnham is a Batmanless look at the Batman of Japan, his associates and his villains. It is completely ridiculous, in a quite wonderful fashion and will in all likelihood blow away people’s expectations from a copy of Batman Inc.
Including a rather familiar bunch of female Power Rangers-via-Akira with a side turn in abuse. “Flang” is pretty clear, as are the schoolyard insults that fly. Breast size, promiscuity, penis size and then… well, it appears comparing one’s vagina to the Doctor’s time machine of choice, due to its dimensionally transcendent properties.
Reminds me a little of how Neil Gaiman got “felching” past the DC censors, as a euphemism for “fucking”. Unless of course, everyone was in on it together…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017