Chris Claremont retains an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics. He is paid, regularly, in full for this position. The only thing is that Marvel don’t want him to write any comics for them. But more importantly they don’t want him writing for anyone else. Or not being a company man when when The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past come out.
Some people miss the days of Claremont X-Men. And yes, I’m probably one of them, even though I enjoy the current Bendis and Aaron runs (and enjoyed Gillen’s too). So I can’t deny a little flip of the heart when I saw the final page of today’s Uncanny X-Men (reproduced below with funny spoilerphobic blobs)
It’s not the only blast to the past, quite literally. There’s a scene in which Cyclops lets loose the totality of his optic blast, his whole face exploding, only for him to slump into unconsciousness, and that took me right back to Lee/Kirby issues when he’d always do that. And a whole bunch of Illyana in Limbo, of course.
Anyway, every now and then you’re allowed to wallow in nostalgia. Enjoy.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018