Chris Claremont retains an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics. He is paid, regularly, in full for this position. The only thing is that Marvel don’t want him to write any comics for them. But more importantly they don’t want him writing for anyone else. Or not being a company man when when The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past come out.
Some people miss the days of Claremont X-Men. And yes, I’m probably one of them, even though I enjoy the current Bendis and Aaron runs (and enjoyed Gillen’s too). So I can’t deny a little flip of the heart when I saw the final page of today’s Uncanny X-Men (reproduced below with funny spoilerphobic blobs)
It’s not the only blast to the past, quite literally. There’s a scene in which Cyclops lets loose the totality of his optic blast, his whole face exploding, only for him to slump into unconsciousness, and that took me right back to Lee/Kirby issues when he’d always do that. And a whole bunch of Illyana in Limbo, of course.
Anyway, every now and then you’re allowed to wallow in nostalgia. Enjoy.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017