Chris Claremont retains an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics. He is paid, regularly, in full for this position. The only thing is that Marvel don’t want him to write any comics for them. But more importantly they don’t want him writing for anyone else. Or not being a company man when when The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past come out.
Some people miss the days of Claremont X-Men. And yes, I’m probably one of them, even though I enjoy the current Bendis and Aaron runs (and enjoyed Gillen’s too). So I can’t deny a little flip of the heart when I saw the final page of today’s Uncanny X-Men (reproduced below with funny spoilerphobic blobs)
It’s not the only blast to the past, quite literally. There’s a scene in which Cyclops lets loose the totality of his optic blast, his whole face exploding, only for him to slump into unconsciousness, and that took me right back to Lee/Kirby issues when he’d always do that. And a whole bunch of Illyana in Limbo, of course.
Anyway, every now and then you’re allowed to wallow in nostalgia. Enjoy.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the response-to-Lichtenstein galley, Image Duplicator.
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017