A month or so ago, Apple demanded that French comics distributor Izneo, backed by the major French comic publishing houses, remove over a thousand titles over content issues.
Shortly afterwards, Brian K Vaughn stated the same had happened over Saga. It wasn’t true it seems, it was ComiXology trying to abide by Apple;’s guidelines. Saga was restored to the service, as were other titles such as Black Kiss II, Sex and Herogasm.
Today, ComiXology have announced that 56 titles have been withdrawn from the ComiXology app on iOS devices in accordance with Apple guidelines. Including some that had recent been re-approved.
They include manga titles such as Again Tomorrow, Image books such as Black Kiss II, Sex, Omaha The Cat Dancer, Angry Youth Comix, The Story Of O and The Boys: Herogasm. Saga, specifically the issue featuring ejaculating multiple penises in a small frame or two, is not included in the list.
ComiXology make it easy for readers to order them off their website however instead – which can then be synched to someone’s iOS device. Which may mean a few more steps, but it does also mean that Apple don;t get their cut – and ComiXology and the publisher get a bigger one.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017