A month or so ago, Apple demanded that French comics distributor Izneo, backed by the major French comic publishing houses, remove over a thousand titles over content issues.
Shortly afterwards, Brian K Vaughn stated the same had happened over Saga. It wasn’t true it seems, it was ComiXology trying to abide by Apple;’s guidelines. Saga was restored to the service, as were other titles such as Black Kiss II, Sex and Herogasm.
Today, ComiXology have announced that 56 titles have been withdrawn from the ComiXology app on iOS devices in accordance with Apple guidelines. Including some that had recent been re-approved.
They include manga titles such as Again Tomorrow, Image books such as Black Kiss II, Sex, Omaha The Cat Dancer, Angry Youth Comix, The Story Of O and The Boys: Herogasm. Saga, specifically the issue featuring ejaculating multiple penises in a small frame or two, is not included in the list.
ComiXology make it easy for readers to order them off their website however instead – which can then be synched to someone’s iOS device. Which may mean a few more steps, but it does also mean that Apple don;t get their cut – and ComiXology and the publisher get a bigger one.
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017