A month or so ago, Apple demanded that French comics distributor Izneo, backed by the major French comic publishing houses, remove over a thousand titles over content issues.
Shortly afterwards, Brian K Vaughn stated the same had happened over Saga. It wasn’t true it seems, it was ComiXology trying to abide by Apple;’s guidelines. Saga was restored to the service, as were other titles such as Black Kiss II, Sex and Herogasm.
Today, ComiXology have announced that 56 titles have been withdrawn from the ComiXology app on iOS devices in accordance with Apple guidelines. Including some that had recent been re-approved.
They include manga titles such as Again Tomorrow, Image books such as Black Kiss II, Sex, Omaha The Cat Dancer, Angry Youth Comix, The Story Of O and The Boys: Herogasm. Saga, specifically the issue featuring ejaculating multiple penises in a small frame or two, is not included in the list.
ComiXology make it easy for readers to order them off their website however instead – which can then be synched to someone’s iOS device. Which may mean a few more steps, but it does also mean that Apple don;t get their cut – and ComiXology and the publisher get a bigger one.
- CBLDF Tackles New Hampshire Bill That Would Restrict Reading In Schools - January 16, 2017
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017