There’s a lot to love about Patrick Gleason. He’s been working at Marvel and Image, but mostly for DC. But it was the New 52 that really brought him into focus for me, for his work on Batman And Robin. Seen by some as an ancillary title to Batman Inc, filling in the numbers, it became an emotionally complex book and did as much for the character for Damian for me as any other comic.
And Gleason’s evolved a style that’s comparable to a looser, Brian Bolland, lots of fine, bold black detail, but also an ability to throw that to the wind where necessary. Such as the Batman image above.
He’s started publishing sketches, commissions or different versions of his published work to his Tumblr and it’s quite revelatory. By favourite has to be the steam punkish pearl-necklace-detector that never made it into the comic, but transformed Damian into Sherlock.
His initial sketches for Carrie Kelley, including her iwith Batman in the Robin costume.
Ch’p and Dex Starr fighting over the corpse of G’nort….
And sometimes just a boy and his dog…
Thank you, Patrick Gleason.
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017