There’s a lot to love about Patrick Gleason. He’s been working at Marvel and Image, but mostly for DC. But it was the New 52 that really brought him into focus for me, for his work on Batman And Robin. Seen by some as an ancillary title to Batman Inc, filling in the numbers, it became an emotionally complex book and did as much for the character for Damian for me as any other comic.
And Gleason’s evolved a style that’s comparable to a looser, Brian Bolland, lots of fine, bold black detail, but also an ability to throw that to the wind where necessary. Such as the Batman image above.
He’s started publishing sketches, commissions or different versions of his published work to his Tumblr and it’s quite revelatory. By favourite has to be the steam punkish pearl-necklace-detector that never made it into the comic, but transformed Damian into Sherlock.
His initial sketches for Carrie Kelley, including her iwith Batman in the Robin costume.
Ch’p and Dex Starr fighting over the corpse of G’nort….
And sometimes just a boy and his dog…
Thank you, Patrick Gleason.
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017
- Chapel Hill Comics In North Carolina To Close - January 24, 2017