The next picture from Ben Wheatley is as different from Sightseers as that was from Kill List. A Field in England is set in the middle of the English Civil War. This excerpt from the official blurb will explain why I’m calling it “psychadelic.”
Crossing a vast mushroom circle, which provides their first meal, the group quickly descend into a chaos of arguments, fighting and paranoia, and, as it becomes clear that the treasure might be something other than gold, they slowly become victim to the terrifying energies trapped inside the field.
There’s certainly a rather foreboding tone to this trailer, and it’s not such a surprise that they were able to get a positive quote from Nic Roeg for the poster.
Film 4 and Warp X have cooked up a pretty daring release plan for this film. As well as rolling into UK cinemas on July 5th, it’s also going to be made available on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD and premiered on television, for free, on Film 4’s channel.
To incentivise you into seeing the film in the cinema – if you don’t consider that it’s own reward – Picture House cinemas will be hosting a Q&A with Wheatley and his cast, and screening that live across their chain with one of the July 5th sessions.
I know that I’m opting for the big screen experience, but I’d be curious to learn how the viewership and sales break down across the board.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014