Wikipedia says that the first Mouse Guard published comic was in 2005. But it’s not. A sketchbook was published in 2004 for Motor City Comic Con. Petersen talks about it here;
I printed 2 versions of the same book through my home printer. One was 1 character wide and rather tall, the other (after realizing it was a pain to trim every page by hand) was 2 characters wide so that the width matched the paper size. I added some text to the backgrounds of each character (most of the text was a description of the character or their name’s meaning). In total I printed between 4 and 7 of them for that convention, and I have none left now.
Well one ended up on eBay CGCed for $3000, before it was withdrawn from sale. I get the feeling a private deal may have been arranged, far from eBay and Paypal’s fees…
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018