Unsurprisingly, nobody is making any official comments, but there’s a rumour doing the rounds that Jonathan Rhys Meyers, last seen around these parts in the guise of Dracula, has been asked to sign up for Star Wars Episode VII.
Latino Review are saying that he’s “in talks,” but they have no idea what the role would be.
What we at Bleeding Cool know is that the actor’s agency has been approached about the role, but it doesn’t sound to us as though actual contract negotiations have started. We may not be privy to the latest, though, I have to admit.
I’ve been hot and cold on Meyers in the past. As such, I’m not quite turning cartwheels as this prospect. Still, if the part is a good match, this could be a successful move.
Expect to hear more Star Wars casting talk in the coming weeks – and official announcements before too long also.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014