If you want to see producer Neal Edelstein‘s new picture, Haunting Melissa, you’ll need an iOS device, like an iPhone or iPad. The film has been broken down into instalments, and the release plan will see them released at irregular intervals – according to the marketing pitch, “delivered piece by piece when you least expect it – and want it most.”
In effect, this means the film will be episodic. Each episode will be available for $1.99 a pop, with a full, HD season pass going for $14.99, or £10.49 here in the UK. I should imagine there will be more than seven episodes, then, so as to make the pass good value. Each time a new one comes available, Push Notifications will be sent out to the app’s users.
Here’s are two teaser clips for the film. You can see the first chapter in SD for free by downloading the app.
If Haunting Melissa really works, it will be because it has embraced its curious format. I’ll check a couple of chapters out and report back.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014