Speaking to Broadcast Magazine, an unnamed voice from inside the belly of Sony have proclaimed that, despite CBS deciding to ditch the pilot, their Beverly Hills Cop TV show will in fact make it to air.
It’s still in contention in the market; there’s still lots of interest. You will find that show on air.
Full-on confidence there, but there’s not even a hint of where the show might turn up. This autumn’s schedules for America’s chief broadcast networks have all been made out now, so perhaps cable is more likely?
There’s another side to this, too. The spokesman’s comment tops off a a story that is otherwise about overseas sales for American shows. And the two topics aren’t entirely separate, with Broadcast saying:
[Sony] will be keen to talk to acquisitions execs about the Beverly Hills Cop remake, which was an early favourite for many buyers.
Could we have another first on the rapidly evolving television landscape? Could Beverly Hills Cop be produced because international sales pay for it while, back home, it doesn’t appear on TV at all?
Well, to me, it seems more unlikely that some network won’t pick this up for the US than global sales would balance out the costs.
I’m now feeling pretty sure myself that we’ll be seeing the show somewhere, soon enough, and I’m rather happy about that, myself.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014