I look the look of this – literally the look of it. And I can’t wait to see it in its native 3D.
Suppose I should have expected that Jean-Pierre Jeunet‘s take on Americana would have been a cousin to Tim Burton’s – and, no, I don’t just mean the inclusion of Helena Bonham Carter. Don’t you see a little bit of Pee Wee’s Big Adventure or Big Fish in that encounter on the train, for example?
If you won’t meet me at Tim Burton, I’ll settle for the Coens. Howling Fat Men would be right at home here.
Anyway, I don’t mean to make these images seem derivative or tired. Jeunet clearly has more ideas of his own than he knows what to do with. I particularly enjoyed the invention coming to life in 3D as Spivet doodles it down, cinema giving his imagination form that the rest of us can see. cf. Amelie’s childhood friends, Amelie’s kitchen daydream… just all of Amelie, really.
Thanks to Allocine for the embed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014