Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool.
With the return of Arrested Development just about a week and a half away, on May 26th, the marketing is finally in top gear. The trailer went live just the other day, and that was great, but here is something a little different, and I think quite smart.
This is a sizzle reel for Tobias Fünke’s new enterprise, a little filmmaking idea that he’s pitching to Ron Howard specifically.
If you scoot over to see the website insertmeanywhere.biz you will see that Fünke is lobbying for the attention of James Cameron too.
There are tons of videos on there and you could download these clips and utilise any of them yourself.
I would be shocked if I don’t see Tobias Fünke popping up just about everywhere on the web in the next 24 hours or so. I’m sure he’ll be dancing around the video for Never Gonna Give You Up by bedtime.
And I’ll be surprised if this isn’t used in the series as well. It seems like a fun running gag. In fact, I’ll be happy if they just keep using the clip of Tobias saying, “It is like having a mango in your mouth” over and over again.
UPDATE: Here is the first one I have seen. The first clip is an… interesting choice, but some of the later ones are pretty funny.
I give this two days before it gets old. Brendon thinks another 24 hours. Tomorrow should be fun though, eh?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014