by Chris Thompson
There’s a trifecta of great titles for Taylor & I to look at this week, plus one very special mention. First up, we keep ourselves occupied with Occupy Comics #1 from fledgling publisher Black Mask Studios. Then we take a look Mike Garley & Martin Simmonds’ Eponymous #1, which debuted as part of the recent VS Comics Anthology.
From there we turn our attention to the first issue of Gabriel Hardman’s solo effort Kinski from Monkeybrain Comics. Gabriel & I discuss the art of storyboarding, how the collaborative process differs, applying the 180-degree rule, and what themes can be explored in the relationship between a man and his dog. It’s a fascinating glimpse into the life of a creator equally at home behind the drawing board or on the film set.
If that’s not enough we also take a quick peek at Michael May & Jason Copland’s Kill All Monsters webcomic which was successfully funded for a print edition on Kickstarter last week. Kaiju monsters and giant mech-suits … What more could you want?
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And you can read Kill All Monsters for yourself, right here:
And have you voted in the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards? Only a few days left…
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017