by Chris Thompson
There’s a trifecta of great titles for Taylor & I to look at this week, plus one very special mention. First up, we keep ourselves occupied with Occupy Comics #1 from fledgling publisher Black Mask Studios. Then we take a look Mike Garley & Martin Simmonds’ Eponymous #1, which debuted as part of the recent VS Comics Anthology.
From there we turn our attention to the first issue of Gabriel Hardman’s solo effort Kinski from Monkeybrain Comics. Gabriel & I discuss the art of storyboarding, how the collaborative process differs, applying the 180-degree rule, and what themes can be explored in the relationship between a man and his dog. It’s a fascinating glimpse into the life of a creator equally at home behind the drawing board or on the film set.
If that’s not enough we also take a quick peek at Michael May & Jason Copland’s Kill All Monsters webcomic which was successfully funded for a print edition on Kickstarter last week. Kaiju monsters and giant mech-suits … What more could you want?
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And you can read Kill All Monsters for yourself, right here:
And have you voted in the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards? Only a few days left…
- Oh The Celebrities You’ll Meet At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- The Winners Of The Eisner Awards 2017 In Full – And Their Reactions! - July 22, 2017
- Black Eyed Peas Played The Marvel Party In San Diego Last Night – Video And Photos - July 22, 2017
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017