by Chris Thompson
There’s a trifecta of great titles for Taylor & I to look at this week, plus one very special mention. First up, we keep ourselves occupied with Occupy Comics #1 from fledgling publisher Black Mask Studios. Then we take a look Mike Garley & Martin Simmonds’ Eponymous #1, which debuted as part of the recent VS Comics Anthology.
From there we turn our attention to the first issue of Gabriel Hardman’s solo effort Kinski from Monkeybrain Comics. Gabriel & I discuss the art of storyboarding, how the collaborative process differs, applying the 180-degree rule, and what themes can be explored in the relationship between a man and his dog. It’s a fascinating glimpse into the life of a creator equally at home behind the drawing board or on the film set.
If that’s not enough we also take a quick peek at Michael May & Jason Copland’s Kill All Monsters webcomic which was successfully funded for a print edition on Kickstarter last week. Kaiju monsters and giant mech-suits … What more could you want?
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And you can read Kill All Monsters for yourself, right here:
And have you voted in the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards? Only a few days left…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017