by Chris Thompson
There’s a trifecta of great titles for Taylor & I to look at this week, plus one very special mention. First up, we keep ourselves occupied with Occupy Comics #1 from fledgling publisher Black Mask Studios. Then we take a look Mike Garley & Martin Simmonds’ Eponymous #1, which debuted as part of the recent VS Comics Anthology.
From there we turn our attention to the first issue of Gabriel Hardman’s solo effort Kinski from Monkeybrain Comics. Gabriel & I discuss the art of storyboarding, how the collaborative process differs, applying the 180-degree rule, and what themes can be explored in the relationship between a man and his dog. It’s a fascinating glimpse into the life of a creator equally at home behind the drawing board or on the film set.
If that’s not enough we also take a quick peek at Michael May & Jason Copland’s Kill All Monsters webcomic which was successfully funded for a print edition on Kickstarter last week. Kaiju monsters and giant mech-suits … What more could you want?
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And you can read Kill All Monsters for yourself, right here:
And have you voted in the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards? Only a few days left…
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018