The rule used to be, the first print is hot, and the second print is not. And for the most part that held, Todd McFarlane Spider-Man #1 notwithstanding. After all, who wants a dirty smelly fourth print of a comic when you can have a shiny, bright, significant first print?
Except at some point, someone did realise that subsequent prints are generally going to be rarer than the first print. This is why there are some remarkable prices being asked for the New 52 Batman #1 and Detective Comics #1 third, fourth and fifth prints. We’re starting to see the same happen to Saga as well…
With the news that Angela was to join the Marvel Universe, including appearances in Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy, Spawn #9 has massively heated up. Selling in the dollar bins due to everyone having copies at one point, with a print run higher than Walking Dead #100, nevertheless this comic is by Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane with a Jim Lee poster, and features Angela’s first appearance.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #4 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017