A huge spoiler for How I Met Your Mother follows. Unless you’ve already seen this week’s episode, in which case… very minor spoilers for the next series probably won’t bother you too much.
So. There’s just one year’s worth of How I Met Your Mother waiting to be filmed and screened. I assumed that the big finish would be the revelation of the mother, but they already did that – in this week’s eighth season finale.
She’s a new character, completely out of left field. And she’s going to be at the hear of every episode of next year’s run.
According to TV Line, the next 20-some episodes, which will bring the show to a close, are to span the narrative time of just a single weekend.
Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character,before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”
We won’t be ending with the meeting, and we may not even be ending with the wedding. If they go anything like real time, we could get an episode or two out of post-ceremony shenanigans.
It’s an interesting idea, and I’m curious to see just how this structure is exploited. And if Cristin Milioti, who still needs a name and not just a yellow umbrella as an identifying marker, is up to the big, big job of paying off eight years of suspense.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014