From Dusk Til Dawn is already part of a series, with a sequel and prequel coming along to sandwich the original – and frankly, superior – first instalment. Now though, Univision – they of the Breaking Bad do-over Metastasis – are planning a TV series based on Rodriguez’ film, and produced in partnership with his TV outfit, El Ray Network.
I don’t know how much anybody is going to complain when the network doesn’t book Quentin Tarantino and have to recast Richard Gecko, but George Clooney‘s performance as his brother, Seth, is a good part of what made the first film so much fun.
And could there really be a better Satánico Pandemonium than Salma Hayek?
Still, it’s all set in an in an interesting milieu, the themes – of the film at least – bear more going over, and I can see how there’s enough material in mashing up the crime and vampire genres to keep a series ticking along for a while.
According to Deadline, El Ray and Univision have one more collaboration in the works, but all they know so far is that it’s action-based and was developed by Star Trek and Transformers screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci.
How long, I wonder, until we get a Machete-style spin on Nash Bridges or Miami Vice? Seems to be what El Ray was made for…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014