The first two TV specials to feature the Toy Story troupe will be this October’s Toy Story of Terror. Disney Pixar have just sent out this first image, featuring the three leads, Jessie, Buzz and Woody, each displaying just their characteristic amount of fear. Beautiful.
The previously released plot blurb should put that in context:
What starts out as a fun road trip for the Toy Story gang takes an unexpected turn for the worse when the trip detours to a roadside motel. After one of the toys goes missing, the others find themselves caught up in a mysterious sequence of events that must be solved before they all suffer the same fate in this Toy Story of Terror.
Expect Psycho gags, of course.
Originally, this special was going to be produced at Pixar Canada but I understand it was actually brought back in-house at Emeryville. Can’t be a bad thing.
The next Toy Story special after this one will also be “holiday themed,” though Pixar are yet to announce which holiday in particular. Probably not President’s Day, but you never know. My money’s on Easter – next Easter, in fact, but we’ll see.
UPDATE: TV Guide have a story on the show, revealing that Jessie takes a prominent role in this story. Why? Well, officially it’s not because Joan Cusack is more compatible with a TV budget than Tom Hanks and Tim Allen but let’s not kid ourselves.
There’s a new cast member too:
We’ll also get to actually meet Combat Carl, who briefly appeared in the first film when he was blown up by Sid, who will be voiced by Carl Weathers
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014