The GLAAD awards celebrate LGBT portrayals in the mass media, and were presented at the weekend in San Francisco at the Hilton Union Square. Other nominations included Astonishing X-Men, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Batwoman and Earth 2.
Kevin Keller is an ongoing series featuring Riverdale’s first openly gay character and, despite attacks from One Million Moms, has done rather well for the publisher. The last year also saw a potential future in which Kevin marries his soldier boyfriend.
Previous recent recipients include Detective Comics and X-Factor. They do tend to favour the more mainstream titles. Expect Batgirl to be a favourite next year…
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018