Arnold Schwarzengger, the former governor of California and sometime novelty restaurant entrepeneur, is negotiating to co-star in a do-over of Troma’s classic superhero picture, The Toxic Avenger.
This is the one about a janitor who gets mutated by toxic waste and becomes a super-muscly, super-lumpy hero who fights evil with a mop.
Unfortunately, Schwarzenegger won’t be playing the title role – though Variety do say he’ll have a different lead role.
I’m reading this as “villain” and the cigar smoking villain Cigar Face, most likely, because Arnie and Cigars go together like ‘rama lama’ and ‘ding dong.’
The project will be presented at the Cannes marketplace this week, looking for funds to become a rather unexpected reality. Steve Pink has co-written the script, with Daniel C. Mitchell, and will direct the film – likely after his upcoming Hot Tub Time Machine sequel. All in all, it’s actually a curiously appealing package, I think.
And now, because we really should, here’s a trailer for the original.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014