Yahoo have very kindly transcribed a Disney stockholders conference call from a couple-few days back. There’s not a lot of note to those without a vested interest, but let me clip the bit that caught my eye. Here’s Bob Iger, their CEO:
On the animation front, Pixar continues to create great value for our company too. We are very excited about Monsters University which opens next month. Pixar’s slate of films for the next five years includes fantastic original stories as well as some great sequels to their previous hits. And as we recently announced, we are in production on one of those sequels, Finding Dory, featuring Ellen DeGeneres once again as the voice of Dory, one of the most beloved characters from Finding Nemo which was one of the most popular and profitable movies to date.
Planes isn’t a Pixar film and the only officially announced Pixar sequels are Monsters University and Finding Dory, so what else is Iger talking about?
Toy Story 4, at least. I’m in no doubt that one’s coming. I think Cars 3 is inevitable at some point too, but it’s not necessarily imminent.
And, by way of bubble bursting, let me remind you right now that Brad Bird is busy with Tomorrowland, not The Incredibles 2.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014