Last night, while I was fast asleep, dreaming of headless kittens marching on Manhattan, Mark Seifert very kindly popped up the news that Chris Burnham and friends would be creating a new Batman Incorporated Special to follow Grant Morrison’s final run on the title.
The cover showed off a number of Batman Inc characters, including Nightrunner who hadn’t been seen in the New 52 up until this point.
If you recall, he caused quite a bit of controversy at the time of his introduction, being an Islamic Batman Of France, and while he appeared in a number of Batbooks, he hadn’t been since since the New 52 relaunch.
And now he has. Except… well, this is how he appeared before.
Colouring error? Or a little racebending for the New 52? I’m sure the actual solicitations will let us know. Because it wouldn’t have been the first time…
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017