A new image from the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes set was shared by director Matt Reeves earlier this afternoon. You may consider it a spoiler, so I’ll put it behind a warning, but I’m entirely sure this kind of action will show up in the trailers, and very possibly the posters so, really, I’m just humouring you here.
If we assume this was snapped between takes then it doesn’t matter that Jason Clarke and Andy Serkis appear to be talking. But the shot looks rather like a still, simply in a pre-CG state. I think this could be assumed to represent an actual scene from the film. That suggests they’re having a chat.
In any case, I’m not surprised, I was expecting the apes to talk. But I am somewhat worried for Andy Serkis’ larynx. I hope the honey and warm water budget on this film is suitably blockbuster sized.
You may recall that Caesar rode a horse for a few seconds in the last film. I put a clip of that at the foot of this post just to remind you. Next time around, though, at least if we can judge from the trappings in the picture above, the apes will use horses as a matter of course.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set for release next May.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014