We’re between instalments of Craig Skinner’s superb Masters of Cinema Monthly column right now but that doesn’t mean the Masters or their Eureka Entertainment overlords are just sitting on their hands.
Nope, they’ve just dropped one of their least expected announcements to date, slotting in Andrew Bujalski‘s Computer Chess for a cinema release in the UK later this year and a Masters of Cinema series DVD and Blu-ray release early next year.
This is one of the most exciting releases we’ve had the honor of putting out. It’s one of the greatest films of recent times.
— Masters of Cinema (@mastersofcinema) May 10, 2013
Computer Chess premiered to acclaim at Sundance this year. This acquisition is somewhat reminiscent of Criterion’s recent IFC tie-ins, to my mind, and puts a new colour into the overall picture of what Masters of Cinema are up to.
Good films deserve good releases, though, and I’m sure this film will be given a typically fine theatrical, DVD and Blu-ray roll out.
Here’s the trailer and then a little featurette on the film.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014