In a recent interview with Dan Slott, for Newsarama, Slott slipped in something significant that may be just around the corner.
Spider-Man is getting a new costume. Whether that’s the Doc Ock Spidey, or Peter Parker somehow returning to the character and wanting to erase a little of the Octopus stink, we’ll just have to wait to find out…
Nrama: Wanted to follow-up on the news coming out of C2E2 — now that we know when Spider-Man 2099 is coming to the series, does this development make this his role all the more important given that Peter Parker is out of the picture, and there will be a more traditionally heroic Spider-Man around?
Slott: You’ll have to wait and see.
But before we even get to there, issue #10 is going to have the fallout of issue #9. We’re going to see where the pieces fall. Issues #11, #12 and #13 are a big action thriller, where Otto’s going to have to answer for a lot of the choices he’s made in the series up ’til now. And there will be a massive status quo change, coming out of the “No Escape” arc that I am co-writing with Chris Gage, and with gorgeous art by Giuseppe Camuncoli. It’s so big, that when you come back for issue #14, there’ll be a new status quo and a new costume.
UPDATE: And from Superior Spider-Man #15, here’s the costume in full… yup, that still looks like Doc Ock.
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017