An official plot blurb has been released for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and as expected, it tells us that a war is brewing between the humans and the apes. I’m a pacifist, so I will not be taking sides.
For your reading pleasure, the blurb is as follows:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth’s dominant species.
There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Matt Reeves’ follow-up to Rise of the Planet of the Apes and at Bleeding Cool we have regularly discussed whether or not the apes will be able to talk. Even though this has not yet been confirmed, we still stick by our beliefs. Considering the apes are “genetically evolved” and the film is set 15 years after Rise, it certainly seems likely.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – what a mouthful, that is – also has a new logo to go with its blurb. It may be simple but it’s actually rather effective. There are plenty of connotations we can associate with this worn and damaged version of the logo used for Rise, but I won’t bore you with an unnecessary observation that this weathering represents both the worsening relationship between the apes and humans and the degradation of the human world and its architectu… oh, wait…I just did.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015