I have heard various contrasting stories as to why Universal decided to shut down pre-production on Jurassic Park 4 and they vary enough for me to not really be sure which account to trust. At the moment, though, the official word from the studio is that the film has simply been posponed and a new release date will follow in due course.
The studio’s statement says:
In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.
Director Colin Trevorrow and his co-writer Derek Connolly have rewritten the movie from a draft by Rise of the Planet of the Apes‘ Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. All we really know about it so far is that there will be dinosaurs and, for some reason or another, scenes set on Isla Nublar, the location for most of the first film’s action.
I hope to bring you more, and better, news on the continuing Jurassic Park series later.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014