Films are often frozen in the late stages of development, and for all sorts of reasons. Maybe it’s not typically the big budget tentpoles where release dates have been carved out years in advance, but it does happen with those too.
Remember the delays that stopped the new Mad Max film, Skyfall or the Ninja Turtles do-over? Well, all of those films did eventually get before cameras. A film going “on hold” isn’t a death sentence.
So let’s be optimistic about Jurassic Park 4. In fact, for all we know it may already be “off hold” – things can move very fast in the movie industry.
The only evidence we have that anything was up, at least so far, are a couple of now-you-see-them, now-you-don’t tweets, screen capped by Ain’t It Cool News.
Here are comments from Dean Sherriff, one of the film’s concept artists, and Todd Smoyer, a “digital assets manager” on the project.
Best case scenario, this won’t be a huge delay, and there’s simply something wrong with the initial plans that needs a bit of realignment. Maybe a key actor pulled out, or they had difficulty filling a certain role, for example? It’s better in cases like this that they hold off rather than plough ahead with compromises, right?
Here’s hoping that’s what it is, anyway, and not something a lot more upsetting – and definitely not a health or personal life issue for any of the filmmakers.
Universal are yet to issue any kind of statement and there hasn’t been anything from director Colin Trevorrow as yet either but there’s bound to be more on this soon and I’ll keep you updated.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014