Uber #1 is a relatively slow book, at least to begin with. People stand around, talking a lot. Some of them talk a lot on a motorbike.
Some behind a desk.
Some on a bridge.
Kieron Gillen is a real master of dialogue on the comic book page now, and this comic shows it off better than his recent Marvel work.
Of course two thirds in, everything changes, things start kicking and exploding, in quite horrible and disgusting fashion, but it’s important to get people to that point, knowing the kind of thing that might be coming.
So how to begin? Well, like this.
Is it too soon to call this comic the New Marvelman? I’m getting some serious issue 15 vibes from this…
Advance copies have already sold from $7 to $10 on eBay. Run for this one.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017