Uber #1 is a relatively slow book, at least to begin with. People stand around, talking a lot. Some of them talk a lot on a motorbike.
Some behind a desk.
Some on a bridge.
Kieron Gillen is a real master of dialogue on the comic book page now, and this comic shows it off better than his recent Marvel work.
Of course two thirds in, everything changes, things start kicking and exploding, in quite horrible and disgusting fashion, but it’s important to get people to that point, knowing the kind of thing that might be coming.
So how to begin? Well, like this.
Is it too soon to call this comic the New Marvelman? I’m getting some serious issue 15 vibes from this…
Advance copies have already sold from $7 to $10 on eBay. Run for this one.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018