Uber #1 is a relatively slow book, at least to begin with. People stand around, talking a lot. Some of them talk a lot on a motorbike.
Some behind a desk.
Some on a bridge.
Kieron Gillen is a real master of dialogue on the comic book page now, and this comic shows it off better than his recent Marvel work.
Of course two thirds in, everything changes, things start kicking and exploding, in quite horrible and disgusting fashion, but it’s important to get people to that point, knowing the kind of thing that might be coming.
So how to begin? Well, like this.
Is it too soon to call this comic the New Marvelman? I’m getting some serious issue 15 vibes from this…
Advance copies have already sold from $7 to $10 on eBay. Run for this one.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017