Uber #1 is a relatively slow book, at least to begin with. People stand around, talking a lot. Some of them talk a lot on a motorbike.
Some behind a desk.
Some on a bridge.
Kieron Gillen is a real master of dialogue on the comic book page now, and this comic shows it off better than his recent Marvel work.
Of course two thirds in, everything changes, things start kicking and exploding, in quite horrible and disgusting fashion, but it’s important to get people to that point, knowing the kind of thing that might be coming.
So how to begin? Well, like this.
Is it too soon to call this comic the New Marvelman? I’m getting some serious issue 15 vibes from this…
Advance copies have already sold from $7 to $10 on eBay. Run for this one.
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017