Executive Director of Comics Pro and ex-comic retailer Amanda Emmert has stepped down from the position following this year’s Free Comic Book Day. Though reasons are not given she says;
As a company, ComicsPRO is stable, established, and financially sound. For many years I’ve been very careful with our budgets, and we’re set to enter the next phase of the organization with a firm footing, which will allow the association to run successfully for many years. I am confident that our leadership will continue to improve the organization for our members, and I’m excited for the next wave of retailers to step up and take charge of our association.
So what will the next phase consist of? And where is Amanda going?
In other moves, IDW has hired DC editor Sarah Gaydos away from DC Comics. She used to be a Wildstorm editor, and continues IDW’s proud tradition of hiring everyone from Wildstorm at one point or another. And what’s her first plan?
I’m super excited to start my new gig as editor with @idwpublishing today! But first, coffee. Lots of coffee.
— Sarah Gaydos (@sarahgaydos) May 6, 2013
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017