Executive Director of Comics Pro and ex-comic retailer Amanda Emmert has stepped down from the position following this year’s Free Comic Book Day. Though reasons are not given she says;
As a company, ComicsPRO is stable, established, and financially sound. For many years I’ve been very careful with our budgets, and we’re set to enter the next phase of the organization with a firm footing, which will allow the association to run successfully for many years. I am confident that our leadership will continue to improve the organization for our members, and I’m excited for the next wave of retailers to step up and take charge of our association.
So what will the next phase consist of? And where is Amanda going?
In other moves, IDW has hired DC editor Sarah Gaydos away from DC Comics. She used to be a Wildstorm editor, and continues IDW’s proud tradition of hiring everyone from Wildstorm at one point or another. And what’s her first plan?
I’m super excited to start my new gig as editor with @idwpublishing today! But first, coffee. Lots of coffee.
— Sarah Gaydos (@sarahgaydos) May 6, 2013
- Sherlock Holmes And John Watson – A Boy, His Bear And Endless Adventures - January 16, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool Dad & Kid Reviews: LadyCastle #1, Bad Machinery: The Case of the Unknown Visitor - January 15, 2017
- Yes, That Was Paul Weller In Tonight’s Series Finale Of Sherlock (No Spoilers) - January 15, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 15th January 2017 – Concern About The Comic Book National Debt - January 15, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th January 2016 – “DC Continues To Sell Circles Around Marvel” - January 15, 2017