Executive Director of Comics Pro and ex-comic retailer Amanda Emmert has stepped down from the position following this year’s Free Comic Book Day. Though reasons are not given she says;
As a company, ComicsPRO is stable, established, and financially sound. For many years I’ve been very careful with our budgets, and we’re set to enter the next phase of the organization with a firm footing, which will allow the association to run successfully for many years. I am confident that our leadership will continue to improve the organization for our members, and I’m excited for the next wave of retailers to step up and take charge of our association.
So what will the next phase consist of? And where is Amanda going?
In other moves, IDW has hired DC editor Sarah Gaydos away from DC Comics. She used to be a Wildstorm editor, and continues IDW’s proud tradition of hiring everyone from Wildstorm at one point or another. And what’s her first plan?
I’m super excited to start my new gig as editor with @idwpublishing today! But first, coffee. Lots of coffee.
— Sarah Gaydos (@sarahgaydos) May 6, 2013
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017