Orders for issue #0 of Uber had been ramping up. Looks like they had a knock on effect on Uber #1…
This comic about the Nazi creation of superheroes at the end of World War II and the changing world as a result, by Kieron Gillen and Canaan White, did cause a bit of a splash when issue #0 was published. Midtown Comics had to ration copies, it sold out fast, with issues currently selling on eBay for $13.
This week sees the release of issue 1 of Uber. And, just as with issue 0, it has sold out at Diamond Comic Distributors before going on sale in shops. Basically, what you see on the store shelf, is all you’ll get before an inevitable second printing. This is despite the book having what publishers Avatar Press describe as an “aggressive overprint”. Which I take to mean, they took the printers outside behind the bushes and beat them up until they printed some more.
It’s not alone, I also hear that Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk #1 from last week is also a sellout with a second print on the way.
Issue 1 of Uber, along with the second enhanced version of Uber #0, will be on sale this Wednesday. Here’s a preview…
And, yes, Avatar Press is the owner of Bleeding Cool. Just in case.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018