Orders for issue #0 of Uber had been ramping up. Looks like they had a knock on effect on Uber #1…
This comic about the Nazi creation of superheroes at the end of World War II and the changing world as a result, by Kieron Gillen and Canaan White, did cause a bit of a splash when issue #0 was published. Midtown Comics had to ration copies, it sold out fast, with issues currently selling on eBay for $13.
This week sees the release of issue 1 of Uber. And, just as with issue 0, it has sold out at Diamond Comic Distributors before going on sale in shops. Basically, what you see on the store shelf, is all you’ll get before an inevitable second printing. This is despite the book having what publishers Avatar Press describe as an “aggressive overprint”. Which I take to mean, they took the printers outside behind the bushes and beat them up until they printed some more.
It’s not alone, I also hear that Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk #1 from last week is also a sellout with a second print on the way.
Issue 1 of Uber, along with the second enhanced version of Uber #0, will be on sale this Wednesday. Here’s a preview…
And, yes, Avatar Press is the owner of Bleeding Cool. Just in case.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017