Orders for issue #0 of Uber had been ramping up. Looks like they had a knock on effect on Uber #1…
This comic about the Nazi creation of superheroes at the end of World War II and the changing world as a result, by Kieron Gillen and Canaan White, did cause a bit of a splash when issue #0 was published. Midtown Comics had to ration copies, it sold out fast, with issues currently selling on eBay for $13.
This week sees the release of issue 1 of Uber. And, just as with issue 0, it has sold out at Diamond Comic Distributors before going on sale in shops. Basically, what you see on the store shelf, is all you’ll get before an inevitable second printing. This is despite the book having what publishers Avatar Press describe as an “aggressive overprint”. Which I take to mean, they took the printers outside behind the bushes and beat them up until they printed some more.
It’s not alone, I also hear that Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk #1 from last week is also a sellout with a second print on the way.
Issue 1 of Uber, along with the second enhanced version of Uber #0, will be on sale this Wednesday. Here’s a preview…
And, yes, Avatar Press is the owner of Bleeding Cool. Just in case.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017