Orders for issue #0 of Uber had been ramping up. Looks like they had a knock on effect on Uber #1…
This comic about the Nazi creation of superheroes at the end of World War II and the changing world as a result, by Kieron Gillen and Canaan White, did cause a bit of a splash when issue #0 was published. Midtown Comics had to ration copies, it sold out fast, with issues currently selling on eBay for $13.
This week sees the release of issue 1 of Uber. And, just as with issue 0, it has sold out at Diamond Comic Distributors before going on sale in shops. Basically, what you see on the store shelf, is all you’ll get before an inevitable second printing. This is despite the book having what publishers Avatar Press describe as an “aggressive overprint”. Which I take to mean, they took the printers outside behind the bushes and beat them up until they printed some more.
It’s not alone, I also hear that Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk #1 from last week is also a sellout with a second print on the way.
Issue 1 of Uber, along with the second enhanced version of Uber #0, will be on sale this Wednesday. Here’s a preview…
And, yes, Avatar Press is the owner of Bleeding Cool. Just in case.
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017