A Kickstarter for a new graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton, written by Greg Pak and drawn by Takeshi Miyazawa has done rather well for itself so far.
Raising $215,977 from its target of $39,000 from 5308 backers with 8 days to go, it has just delivered another surprise in the form of a stretch goal. And it’s a doozy.
Already Code Monkey Save World has jumped from a 60 page book to 96 pages, a new album of acoustic versions of the songs that inspired the book to be recorded and handed digitally to backers, a two page story included from Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey and… stickers, posters and stickers!
And now? If the Kickstarter reaches a cool quarter of a million, the creative team will create a new children’s book based around the Coulton song ‘The Princess Who Saved Herself’, which backers will now receive digitally.
“The Princess Who Saved Herself” tells the story of a tough, tomboy princess who encounters a scary dragon and creepy witch — and recruits them to play in her rock band. It’s a beautiful, fun, funny song, and with your help, it’s going to be a great kids’ book. If we make the stretch goal, the whole “Code Monkey Save World” creative team will shift over to work on the children’s book once the graphic novel is completed.
Here’s how it goes;
And a new incentive to get your own child drawn into the book for $500…
Have your child’s likeness drawn into the “Princess Who Saved Herself” children’s book as a supporting character! AND get a beautiful 11″ x 17″ print of the page that your child’s likeness appears on! The print will even be signed by Takeshi Miyazawa, Greg Pak, and Jonathan Coulton!
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017
- An Inflammatory Article About Marvel’s Promotional Hydra Shirts For Comic Store Employees - April 23, 2017
- Gisele Legace’s Comics Made It To C2E2 – Even If Gisele Didn’t - April 23, 2017
- “I Look At Every Audition As, I Just Want This Job” – Veronica Taylor On Being Ash, At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Frank Miller Loved Halle Berry’s Catwoman – The Dark Knight Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017