Budrus is an Israeli/US/Palestinian produced documentary movie following the history of nonviolent protest in a Palestinian village. Budrus, against the building of the West Bank barrier through the village.
It’s now been turned into a graphic novel, to educate Palestinian youth of the benefits of nonviolent protest over other means. And yesterday, the graphic novel received its launch in the village of Budrus that inspired it. You can read it for yourself below.
However, Jessica Devaney writing for +972 Magazine, an independent Israeli and Palestinian magazine and blogging platform named after the area code Israel and Palestine share, is reporting it has a rather messy end, with the launch being dispersed by soldiers with tear gas. I’m guessing they weren’t on the guest list.
Photos by: Oren Ziv/Activestills.org
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Savage Dragon #225 - July 26, 2017
- Dr. Snyderlove Or: How DC Comics Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Metal - July 26, 2017